Please note that there are a number of external directories available to help you locate health professionals involved in continence care.

Many of these service providers require a written referral from a General Practitioner (GP), and we recommend speaking to your doctor or a Nurse Continence Specialist on the National Continence Helpline (1800 33 00 66) to help determine the most suitable health professional / service provider to meet your needs.

These directories include: 

The Australian Association of Stomal Therapy Nurses
Find your local stomal therapy nurse

The Australian Physiotherapy Association
Find a physio

The Dietitians Association of Australia
Find an Accredited Practicing Dietitian

The Royal Australian College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
Locate and obstetrician / gynaecologist

The Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand 
Find a urologist

Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand 
Find a colorectal surgeon


Last Updated: Mon 29, May 2023
Last Reviewed: Fri 17, Apr 2020