Who can apply for the scheme?

If the applicant is an entitled veteran or war widow(er), support under this scheme can be accessed if they:

  • hold a Gold Card (eligible for treatment of all conditions whether or not they are related to war services)
  • hold a White Card and the incontinence is a result of a specific accepted disability (to determine eligibility contact the Rehabilitation Appliances Program at DVA)
  • have been assessed by a health professional as requiring products for incontinence, or
  • their products are provided as part of the overall health care management.

Gold and White Card holders are not eligible if they are residents receiving high level aged care.


How to apply

A form requesting the continence products needs to be filled out by the assessing doctor or health professional. It is then sent to an authorised product supplier on behalf of the client.

For all enquires in regards to continence products and supply arrangements please contact:

National Continence Contract Team
Department of Veterans' Affairs
GPO Box 1652
(199 Grenfell St)
Adelaide SA 5001
Phone: 1300 131 945


Last Updated: Thu 05, Aug 2021
Last Reviewed: Sun 29, Mar 2020