Winners of the Great Dunny Hunt 2023!
Congratulations to the three winners of the Great Dunny Hunt 2023, who will each receive a $500 Eftpos voucher
- Petrea Gordon: Bundaberg Airport, Kensington QLD
- Darren: Lake Pertobe, Warrnambool VIC
- Clare: Belair National Park 2, Belair SA
Honourable Mentions for Australia’s most colourful public toilet:
- Princes Park, Battery Point TAS
- Macquarie Park, Warren NSW
Honourable Mention for Australia’s public toilet in the quirkiest spot:
- Loop 1, Zuytdorp WA
Thank you to everyone who submitted an entry for this year’s hunt. By uploading a photo, you’ve helped to support the thousands of people living with incontinence and/or disability who rely on the National Public Toilet Map to find toilets to suit their needs.
On this page
Join the Great Dunny Hunt!
This year we are asking dunny hunters to take photos of public toilets and upload them on the National Public Toilet Map.
Why are photos important on the National Public Toilet Map website and App?
Currently only 3,000 of the 21,000 public toilets listed on the map have photos - so there are still many locations missing photographs!
By updating the facilities on the National Public Toilet Map, you are supporting the thousands of people living with incontinence and/or a disability in our community. In 2021, our Nationally Representative Consumer Survey revealed that 38% of people living with a disability, had or currently were experiencing incontinence.
What type of photo entries are we after?
Photos that clearly show the outside of the public toilet and how accessible the entrance is e.g. easy access to the front door, clear stairway access, open doorway or automatic door. Please do not include any photos with people in them.
As well as interior photographs displaying the range of available features and facilities such as:
- Adult change facilities (including shower, BYO sling)
- Baby change
- Dump point (including wash out water, afterhours access)
- Ambulant facilities
- Drinking water
- Sharps disposal
- Sanitary, incontinence product disposal
- Right and/or left transfer – important for those with one side of the body less able
- Master Locksmiths Access Key (MLAK) The Master Locksmiths Access
- Male, Female, Unisex
How do you upload photos on the map to enter?
- Go to the National Public Toilet Map (NPTM) website or App (make sure you have the most up to date App version)
- Login (or register) to update
- Find your local toilet on the map
- View its details and click the ‘update this facility ‘ link to upload a photo
- Tick the box to go into the draw to win one of three $500 Eftpos cards!
- Update and enter as many times as you like!
You also have the opportunity to go into the draw to win one of three $500 eftpos vouchers. All photos will be checked for suitability prior to publishing.
How will the competition be judged?
By an expert panel of judges including the Continence Foundation of Australia’s CEO Rowan Cockerell, International Toilet Enthusiast/Researcher and Churchill Fellow Katherine Webber and The Great Dunny Hunter, Sean Burford. Entries will be judged on photos that show clear accessibility and available features at a public toilet from either outside or interior perspectives.
Honourable mention awards will be given out to the:
Most colourful toilet and the toilet in the most unusual location.
How long is the competition running for?
Australians are encouraged to upload their pictures to go into the running to find the best public toilet from Monday 3 April until World Continence Week, Monday 19 June 2023.
When and how will winners be notified?
Winners will be notified via email after the closing date on June 26 2023.
Full Terms and Conditions are available here
WHAT IS THE NATIONAL PUBLIC TOILET MAP (NPTM)?
The National Public Toilet Map shows the location of more than 21,000 toilet facilities across Australia. This is useful for people with incontinence, travellers and people with young families.
You can access the map via the National Public Toilet Map website at www.toiletmap.gov.au or by downloading the Toilet Map app available on Google Play or the App store.
The National Public Toilet Map provides:
- The location of the nearest public toilet
- Details of opening hours, accessibility, parking, and other features
- The ability to add and update public toilets and their facilities.